MAKES X 4
- 500g turkey mince, raw
- 2 x large fresh tomatoes, diced or 1 x can of diced tomatoes
- 1 x purple onion, finely diced
- 4 x garlic cloves
- 1 x 1/2 cups of pumpkin, mash
- 250g of Wholemeal Spaghetti, dry
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Cracked Pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions on packaging.
- Chop pumpkin into 1cm cubes and place in a micro dish with a lid. Add an inch or 2 of water into the dish and microwave for about 12 minutes or until pumpkin is soft enough to mash. Drain and set aside.
- Cook turkey mince in a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Once browned, drain excess liquid and add in tomatoes, onion, garlic, pumpkin and flavouring.
- Stir together and simmer on low with the lid on for about 10 minutes.
- Divide spaghetti into 4 x servings. Top with mince and veggie mix.